T&C – Paul John Book Lovers Day Contest
Entry Terms for “Paul John Book Lovers Day Contest”
As on August 9, 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Please read these entry terms (“Entry Terms”) before entering the ‘Paul John Book Lovers Day Contest’ (“Contest”) conducted by John Distilleries Pvt. Ltd. (“JDL”). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Entry Terms and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set out herein below:
- Entry to the Contest is open to residents of the planet earth who have reached the legal age for consuming or buying alcohol in their province/territory/State/Country/City of residence at the time of entry (“Participants”). Participants may participate in the Contest during the Contest Period (as defined below) through the manner as set out below. Directors, officers and employees of JDL, or its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, associate vendors and immediate families of each are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Participation in the Contest on Facebook and Twitter shall be open and valid only from August 9, 2017 at 11:00 A.M (IST) till August 10, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.(IST) (“Contest Period”). JDL may alter the duration of the Contest Period at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Participants may enter the Contest by commenting their most favourite book to read while sipping a single malt on the Book Lovers Day post by @pauljohnwhisky on Facebook or Twitter.
- Participants can successfully submit their answer by commenting on the contest Post / replying to the contest tweet. Anyone who comments on the Post / replies to the tweet will be considered a Participant and will have to adhere to these Entry Terms. Impartial judges as appointed by JLL will choose up to 5 lucky participants among all the entries based on the answers (“Winners”). Each of these Winners will receive a Whisky Bible Book.
- The Winners shall be intimated via private message on either Facebook or Twitter. The Winners shall be required to furnish such information as required by JDL for the purposes of verification of identity and availing the Prize within 24 hours of intimation. All decisions of JDL shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained in relation to any decision made by JDL in this regard. The Prize will be delivered to the winning contestant within 60 days from the date the winner details are received.
- The Participant agrees that Participant’s entry to the Contest is subject to, and acknowledges that such entry shall be wholly compliant and consistent with, the Facebook Terms of Service as well as the Twitter Terms of Service.
- Restrictions and Exclusions for Prize. The Prize is non-transferable and shall not be exchanged for cash. Non-submission of identity verification shall make the Prize(s) forfeited and it may be awarded to an alternative Participant(s). JDL reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s). The Prize(s) shall be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). In the event the Winners do not accept or agree to these Entry Terms, the Prize shall remain with JDL, and JDL, in its sole discretion may offer such Prize(s) to an alternative Participant.
- Disclaimer. JDL, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”) or any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of JDL; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. JDL reserves the right to remove any Post or other material from the Paul John Whisky Facebook Page or Paul John Whisky Twitter page that JDL considers, in its sole discretion, to be off-topic, inappropriate or objectionable.
- Participant Information. At the Participant’s option, the Participant hereby authorizes and consents to the use of Participant’s personal or sensitive personal information, as applicable, (“Data”) by JDL including its affiliates, agents, advisors or subcontractors (“Authorized Entities”), for such lawful purposes as may be deemed necessary including for, distribution of any Prize to the Winners, if applicable, pursuant to these Entry Terms. Participant understands and acknowledges that (i) the Data is Participant’s personal or sensitive personal information as understood within the meaning of the applicable laws; (ii) Participant has voluntarily and at Participant’s option, agreed to provide the Data to the Authorized Entities for such lawful purposes as may be deemed necessary pursuant to these Entry Terms; and (iii) the Data shall or may be transferred by the Authorized Entities including its affiliates, agents or subcontractors, for such lawful purposes as may be deemed necessary pursuant to these Entry Terms. Participants agree and accept to be bound by the terms thereof.
- Miscellaneous. Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and by the decisions of JDL, which are final and binding in all respects. JDL reserves the right to change these Entry Terms at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Participant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond JDL’s control affect the administration, security or proper conduct of the Contest or JDL otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Participants who violate the Entry Terms, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to JDL, the Contest or any other Participants (in each case as determined in JDL’s sole and absolute discretion) are subject to disqualification. JDL reserves the right to exclude Participants whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, Participants indemnify JDL, Facebook, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest. Participant understands that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. These Entry Terms (and any dispute, difference, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in connection with these Entry Terms) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of India and shall be subject the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore.
- None of the above paragraphs limits any other.