This is one of the editions I look forward to trying each year, and each year it delivers on something new and exciting. Hello, Paul John Christmas Edition 2022, it's good to see you. Even if i am a few months late due to a coast-to-coast move and a crazy day-job travel schedule.
Created using a combination of ex-Bourbon casks, ex-Paul John brandy casks and ex-Oloroso casks that held peated Paul John, it's a crazy-sounding concoction of barrels. I hope they can keep up with their own legacy.
Now, let's get to drinkin'!
PAUL JOHN CHRISTMAS EDITION 2022 - DETAILS AND TASTING NOTES
Non-Chill Filtered | Natural Color
- Style: Single Malt (Indian)
- Region: India
- Distiller: Paul John
- Mash Bill: 100% Malted Barley
- Cask: ex-Bourbon, ex-Brandy, ex-Paul John (peated Oloroso)
- Age: NAS
- ABV: 46%
- Batch: 2022
Paul John Christmas Edition 2022 Price: ~$80*
“The 5th Edition of the limited Christmas Edition series from the award-winning Paul John Indian Single Malt, this rare malt presents the delightful magic of Christmas!” - Paul John
PAUL JOHN CHRISTMAS EDITION 2022 TASTING NOTES
- BALANCE, BODY and FEEL
Malt, toffee, marzipan, candied orange, dried fruit, hazel nuts, with some slight pastry spice and copper notes with a light haze of smoke.
Elegant and enticing, I really enjoy sniffing this one.
Malt, candied orange, honey candy, marzipan, dried fruit, spice, sultanas and a touch of oak, nuts and copper with a whiff haze of smoke.
There is a lot going on here, so many levels to sink into and explore.
Medium - Sultanas, spice, candied orange and graham.
Well-balanced, medium body, a soft velvety feel.
PAUL JOHN CHRISTMAS EDITION 2022 - OVERALL THOUGHTS AND SCORE
Three-word summary:Lightly spiced fruit.
- This might very well be my second favorite of the X-mas editions. It's complex, multifaceted and holds a different profile from the others. It's still, obviously, related, but definitely, wholly, its own. And very nice too.
- The aroma is warm and enticing, but the palate is the star for me. I could easily sit and sip a glass of this Paul John Christmas Edition 2022 any day of the week. It's the kind of whiskey I want to enjoy over and over—an elegant and nuanced after-work dram.
- SCORE: 4/5 (good, definitely recommend ~ B+ | 87-89)
*Disclosure: The sample for this Indian Single Malt review was graciously sent to me by the company without obligation. The views, opinions, and tasting notes are 100% my own.
To read original news, Click Here.